Wednesday, May 25, 2011

147.075 is back on the air!!

147.075 is back on the air!

 

Hooray!  After a week of shutdown due to it causing interference to Kevin (W4KEV)’s 145.37 repeater, I was able to pay a visit to the 147.075 site on Tuesday Evening. I exchanged the defective PA (power amplifier) with one that I had as a ready spare. The result was a “clean” signal from 147.075, with no interference to other repeaters.  It’s back on the air and ready for your use! 

 

Remember, 147.075 has an open autopatch for your use. I realize that in the age of cellular phones that an autopatch is not as needed as it once was, but there are still a significant amount of autopatch calls that are made by .075 users.  And what about those areas up in the mountains where there is NO cellular service?  I have heard several autopatches from HT’s up on the tops of some of the mountainous areas within the Smoky Mountains National Park.  In case you are interested, you can check out the instructions on how to use the autopatch at www.wb4gbi.com/middlebrook.html.

 

I also discovered yet another antenna problem, this one on .075 itself.  It appears that I have an antenna or heliax problem on the repeater antenna. This is going to make it harder for portables and distant stations to access 147.075. Rest assured, as soon as I can get a tower climber to the site I will address this one along with the other sites.

 

Thanks for reading the ‘blog.  I know there are over 50 subscribers…but I don’t have any feedback as of late when I write an entry.  Hello…(tap,tap,tap)…is this thing on?  J

 

73 de Tim WB4GBI

 

 

 

 

Tim Berry WB4GBI

Chief Engineer

Citadel Broadcasting of Knoxville, TN

WIVK-FM   WNML  AM/FM   WNRX-FM  WOKI-FM

OFFICE: 865-212-4519 (leave a message, I will be paged)

FAX: 865-909-0821

check out my website at www.wb4gbi.com

 

Chief Engineer

Vol Radio Network

IMG College/University of Tennessee

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates Tim. It is nice to keep up with the work that you are doing on your repeaters.

Travis said...

I dont think I show up as a subscriber because I read your posts through Google Reader. I greatly appreciate the updates... Keep them coming.