Wednesday, February 12, 2014

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK...

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK…

Well, phooey. This time last week, I was reporting that the 146.94 repeater had failed. On Friday, of course, thanks to Todd (KA4OAK), I was able to get .94 back on the air with a spare repeater. Now, today, I have to report that the 145.47 repeater has failed, most likely due to a defective power amplifier (PA).  I had to shut down the repeater at the end of January,  due to a spurious emission problem. It was interfering with other repeaters and their users. While it seemed to be behaving this time, I knew that I would eventually need to pay it a visit and see what it's status was. 

As I write this, there is almost three inches of snow on the ground at my home. I can only imagine how much there is at the top of Cross Mountain. Fortunately, the weather is supposed to improve over the weekend. 

In the meantime, the SKYWARN group that uses 145.47 has moved to 146.73. The 470 amateur radio group net, normally held on .47 on Thursday evenings, will be on 146.94 this week. As of this writing, all of the other repeaters are on the air and serving the East Tennessee amateur radio operators as they are supposed to. Please bear with me and I will get 145.47 back on the air as soon as possible. Thank you! 

73 de Tim WB4GBI 
www.wb4gbi.com



No comments: