Friday, February 7, 2014

146.940 is BACK ON THE AIR!!!

As many of you know, the 146.94 repeater had a malfunction on Wednesday afternoon as I was doing some routine maintenance at the repeater site. I had to leave it off the air, as the Tennessee Basketball broadcast for the Vol Radio Network awaited me in Nashville. As I traveled West,  I missed being able to hear .94 all the way to the Cumberland/Putnam County line as I usually do. After the basketball game on Wednesday Night, I was unable to go to the repeater site yesterday (Thursday) as I had other work-related obligations. However, I also knew that too many people and organizations depended on .94, and I didn't want it to be off the air any longer than I had to be. 

Today, Todd (KA4OAK) and I went to the 146.94 site in the early afternoon. Once there, I determined that the receiver for .94 was going to need to be removed for more service work than could be done at the repeater site. Todd and I placed a spare repeater on the air to serve until I can get my receiver repaired and back up the mountain. 

146.94 is BACK ON THE AIR!!!  The initial reports from the spare repeater are very encouraging! 

A HUGE THANK YOU to Todd, KA4OAK, for without him there would have been no return to service for .94 today. Those of you who know Todd already  know that he is a class act gentleman. Today was just further proof of that. I am proud to be his friend. 

73 de Tim WB4GBI 

www.wb4gbi.com 

No comments: