Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WB4GBI/R 53.150 is BACK ON THE AIR TO STAY!!!

The WB4GBI 53.150 (-) Repeater is BACK ON THE AIR TO STAY!! 
From Tim, WB4GBI:
After a call from the FAA in which they were concerned that the WB4GBI 53.15 repeater was interfering with some aircraft communications, one of my control operators turned the repeater off. I was out of town and unavailable last week when this happened, and could not make it to the repeater site to check the transmitter with a spectrum analyzer to confirm or deny the problem. While I believed that 53.150 was not at fault, this is a very serious matter. When the FAA requests that you shut a transmitter down, there is NO argument, hence the quick shutdown by my control operator. When I returned, I was going to check the repeater transmitter while in contact with the FAA communications technicians, and with my test equipment. While en route back to East Tennessee, I was contacted by the technician who informed me that they still had a problem, but since 53.150 was off it could not be coming from that transmitter. So, just in time for the Knoxville Hamfest, its back on the air! A HUGE "Thank You" to Tim, KE4OTZ, and Josh, KI4WWY, for taking care of this particular issue! 
Tim Berry
www.wb4gbi.com

No comments: