Friday, December 9, 2011

How about a little news?

 
 
                                                                   HOW ABOUT A LITTLE NEWS? 
 
Its been since September, hasn't it?  Well, now that football season is over, I can "catch up" just a little. The real "catching up" won't occur until until basketball season is over in the Spring. Such is the life of a college sports radio engineer.
 
But here's some good news!!  Thanks to the help of a donor, I have just ordered a NEW antenna for the 53.15 six meter repeater! I have also re-coordinated it to the 146.625 site where it will be in its new home. Why did I re-coordinate from English Mountain? Here's why: I have to RENT tower space on English for 146.73. Renting more space for the six meter repeater would be an additional recurring expense, and as an individual repeater owner I need to keep those at a minimum. The new antenna will be here in a few weeks. One thing about the .625 site...I don't have to pay rent-it's mine.
 
There are several new   callsigns showing up on the 927.725 MHz repeater! Recently, I have heard WB4CTW, K4BWG, and WA4FLH. I hope the same will happen when 53.15 returns to the air.
 
The antenna is here and the monies are set aside for the 146.73 antenna relocation. As soon as the weather, the tower owner, and the tower climber are all on the same page, it will be relocated. The Jefferson County ARES group is making 146.73 their home for the JCARES net...here's hoping more folks will discover 146.73 from its lofty perch on English Mountain!
 
I hope to write another blog entry before the end on the month, but in case I don't- Here's wishing you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy New Year! And let us all remember the REAL reason for the season, the celebration of Jesus's birth.
 
73 de Tim WB4GBI

No comments: